Saturday, August 12, 2017

Daredevil and Blue Beetle




I got a kick out of the trailer for Netflix' The Defenders.  After watching each of the individual series, it's cool to see Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist interacting with one another.  I am trying to stay spoiler free from now on though.  I am not sure what type of villainous role Sigourney Weaver will be playing or how characters like Stick, Elektra and The Punisher will fit in, or what the basic plot will be.  I look forward to a weekend binge when the show drops and finding out all the answers.

5 comments:

Alaric said...

I'm looking forward to it, too (even if I wish they'd called it something else- that team just isn't the Defenders to me). I thought I heard a while back that the Punisher won't be involved, though.

Great cover, by the way- Daredevil's original costume and the classic Ted Kord blue Beetle outfit work very well together, and a team-up between pre-"Grim 'n Gritty" Daredevil and Ted would be a lot of fun.

Carycomic said...

Maybe Ms. Weaver will be playing Umar of the Dark Dimension.

As to this cover? Nice rendering! If I didn't know better, I'd swear this was from one of the Martian Manhunter's early exploits in "House of Mystery" (from the Silver Age).

Mickey said...

I like the use of DD's yellow costume. I think to many forget that he had that costume. As much as I like the red one that he sports, I cannot take away from the one you used here.

I saw the Defenders trailer recently myself. I am not finished with the individual ones yet. I have been binging on Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow. Nevertheless, I am familiar enough with the Netflix originals to see that the Defenders is going to be great.

Bob Greenwade said...

This is a great cover! It has a promise for an exciting, action-packed story!

And given that Ted has a license to fly, would that make him, in this context, a stone temple pilot?

Carycomic said...

@BG: GOOD ONE!!!! :-)

Support STF: The Lost Issues!